Cargo Express Trailer News
CARGO EXPRESS’ SNOWMOBILE AND ATV SAFETY TIPS AND TRIPS
March 21, 2017
HELPFUL RIDING TIPS AND THE BEST TRIPS FOR OWNERS EVERYWHERE
We know Cargo Express owners love to hit the trails with their favorite toys in tow, whether it’s an ATV or two, a trusted snowmobile or any outdoor gear that needs a safe and reliable transport towards higher elevations and hard-to-reach areas. That’s why we provide travelers with a variety of options come summer, spring or the long-awaited wintertime.
CHOOSING THE RIGHT SNOWMOBILE AND ATV TRAILER FOR THE JOB
With a wide variety of versatile snowmobile and ATV trailer sizes and shapes to choose from, Cargo Express trailer owners can take to the powder any way they’d like. Choices range from smaller covered trailers with wedge noses and front entry doors to heavy-duty deckover trailers that can pack multiple sleds and ATV’s inside, as well as leave room for all your outdoor gear.
Once you’ve chosen the right enclosed ATV or snowmobile trailer for the task, it’s time to make the most out of your trip with a few pieces of advice.
SNOWMOBILING AND ATV TIPS FOR ADVENTURERS NEW AND OLD
- Before you take to the backcountry, always make sure your trailer accessories are functioning as intended, such as any tail and clearance lights. Safety chains are also essential to a safe commute, as they help your trailer remain connected (giving you time to slow down and pull over) should there be an emergency detachment for any reason.
- Rider requirements vary from location to location, so you should always be prepared with any necessary documents when you travel. Just check your destination’s parks and wildlife website, as these sites tend to have the most updated information.
- Safety courses and certifications are available to riders of all skill levels, whether it’s a sled or an ATV you’re taking with you. These tend to cover everything from proper positioning, terrain tactics, and more.
- Remember, if your snowmobile or ATV were to break down, knowing where to get help or find shelter can make all the difference.
- Your toys will have more power and kick than you’re prepared for. With snowmobiles, just make sure to ride with the sled and not against it, and always lean into turns with your entire body, not just your arms. The same rules apply to an ATV, just make sure you also adhere to proper riding posture, such as knees in, elbows out and feet planted firmly on the footrests.
- When it comes to hills, you’ll need to adjust your weight into the incline to avoid toppling over. Take hills at an angle to make ascents easier, as well as reduce the chances that you run out of momentum halfway up.
- It’s always a safe bet to bring a friend along on any excursions. This way, there’s someone able to find help when needed. In fact, it’s highly recommended.
- Remember, whether it’s deep snow or thick mud, you’re going to get stuck. Experienced riders get stuck all the time, and it’s just a part of the sport. When the snow is deep or you’re caught in the rain and the tracks are muddy, make sure the unit is kept moving. Lightly use the throttle for momentum and avoid digging yourself into a hole. Remaining on level ground, traversing wide-open areas and riding on compacted snow or dirt will help you avoid many common pitfalls.
- For snowmobilers, if you do find that you can’t move, clear the area ahead of your sled, as well as below the tracks. In deeper snow, pack the snow underneath the sled’s tracks for extra traction. ATV riders, just take it easy on the throttle and head to drier lands.
Now that you’re better prepared for the trip ahead, here are a few scenic routes we suggest.
OUR TOP THREE SNOWMOBILING AND ATV TRIP DESTINATIONS IN THE UNITED STATES
While there are plenty of locations around the United States that riders swear by, we’ve compiled a list of the top three destinations according to outdoor enthusiasts everywhere.
West Yellowstone, Montana
Jackson Hole, Wyoming
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
Paiute Trail, Utah
Hatfield-McCoy Trails, West Virginia
You’ve heard our snowmobile and ATV safety tips, we’ve given you an idea of where you can go to make the best of your favorite toys, and we know where you can find the best snowmobile and ATV trailers on the market. Now it’s up to you to pack up, take it slow and enjoy many more outdoor trips with Cargo Express.